What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address).
- information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender, date of birth and any vehicle registration details you provide).
- information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us.
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites or in-store (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Meet the terms of your order.
- Enable your use of the services available on our website.
- Supply to you services purchased through our website;
- Send you MOT and Service reminders.
- Send you safety recall notices.
- Send statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails/SMS about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address/mobile phone number, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing, we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing, we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. If you instruct is to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.